Pana High School will be hosting their annual Summer Shootout on Saturday June 9th. The Varsity level of the shootout will consist of 6 pools pf 4 teams with each team playing their 3 games in the pool. There will…
Pana High School will be hosting their annual Summer Shootout on Saturday June 9th. The Varsity level of the shootout will consist of 6 pools pf 4 teams with each team playing their 3 games in the pool. There will be some outstanding talent on hand with 12 players that were listed on the Prep Girls Hoops initial class rankings released in May.
Class of 2019
- #34–Nancy Fritzsche- Greenville – Nancy is a 5’11 Forward became a consistent double/double player for the Comets last year. She averaged over 12 points and 9 rebounds per game on a very balanced team. Known for her high energy and non stop motor, Fritzsche is strong inside and can step out to hit the outside shot too.
- #37– Hannah Krumwiede – Carrollton– Hannah is 5’9 Guard that is best known for her scoring and ability to hit the 3 point shot. Hannah finished 2nd in the Country Financial 3 point shooting competition at state last year.
- #38– Kiera Winkler- Breese Mater Dei– Kiera is a 5’9 Guard that scored over 14 points per game last year for Mater Dei. She is strong using her dribble to create mid ranger jump shots or getting all the way to the basket and finishes well.
- #42– Megan Teal- Midwest Central– Megan is a 5’8 Wing that earned Special Mention honors on the IBCA All State team last year. Megan was a consistent double figure scorer for the Lady Raiders.
- #83– Ashley Schloer– O’Fallon– Ashley is a 5’7 Guard averaged 9.3 points, 3 rebounds 2 assists and 2 steals per game from her guard spot. She has a couple of very big games in conference by putting up 27 against Collinsville and 20 against Alton. Ashley will be counted on to carry more load next year to replace a strong 2018 class.
- #91– Shania Schoonover- Pana-Shania is a 5’7 Guard led a strong Pana team with her consistent scoring that led to All Conference and All Tourney selections during her excellent junior season.
Class of 2020
- #8–Madyson Harper-Midwest Central– Maddyson is a 5’6 Guard that not only scored at 18 points per game but also gave her team 5.1 steals, 4.9 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game. She was named 2nd team All State by the News Gazette and IBCA.
- #36– Anna Hall- Civic Memorial– Anna is a 5’11 Forward for the Eagles that helped anchor the inside game for the Eagles.Anna was capable of a double/double every night which led her to All Conference, All Tourney and IBCA Special Mention All State honors. With the graduation of a large senior class in 2018 Hall can be expected to really step her game up in her Junior year.
- #44– Faith Liljegren- Collinsville-Faith is a 5’5 Gurad that scored over 10 points per game and had over 4 steals per game for the Kahoks. She was able to use her athletic ability to get 12 steals in a single game and is also a standout soccer player.
- #47– Kourtland Tyus-Civic Memorial– Kourtland is a 5’6 Guard who has run the point for the Eagles for two years. Kourtland is strong with the ball and a good decision maker for the Eagles. Kourtland averaged 8 points per game and 4.5 assists. With the graduation of a large 2018 class she will also be counted on to step up during her Junior campaign.
- #50– Elle Brown- Highland– Elle is a 5’5 Guard that led the Bulldogs in scoring at 12.6 points per game. She was able to hit over 50% of her two point shots last year and found space for 31 threes. Brown was also a strong free throw shooter at 69%.
Class of 2021
- #33–Tori Standefer-Civic Memorial-Tori is a 5’7 Guard that was a defensive stopper for the Eagles in her Freshman season. She was excellent in using her speed to gather just short of 4 steals per game. Tori was often able to turn the defense into offense and get out on the break which led to her averaging 7 points per game for the Eagles. During the 2018-19 campaign Tori will need to step up even further on the offensive end.
The Pana shootout is Saturday June 9th and the games will be played from 9am until 7pm at the High School, Middle School and Eye of the Tiger Complex at Tower Hill.