Preseason Class A 1. Thomas More -One, two, three, four, five and…… One of the greatest high school programs in the state is looking to make it six titles in a row. They are like the 90’s Bulls, the 60’s…
- 1. Thomas More -One, two, three, four, five and…… One of the greatest high school programs in the state is looking to make it six titles in a row. They are like the 90’s Bulls, the 60’s and 70’s UCLA Bruins and the Warriors of late. They are here to win chips. The Cavaliers of St. Thomas More are the heavy favorite to six peat. Let that sync in….
- 2. Lennox– This may be the best team to challenge and dethrone St. Thomas More. The Orioles have a talented roster, with great coaching. Expect Lennox to come into the season focused and ready.
- 3. McCook Central- One Koepsell leaves and another will step up. Madison Koepsell has watched her older sister Morgan dominate in high school. Now it will be her turn to help lead McCook to a great season. Senior Kenna Kranz and Junior Abby Van Ruler will both help fill the void left by Morgan
- 4. West Central– The Trojans of West Central are no longer a sleeper team. After having handed a lost to St. Thomas More last year, West Central went on a great run in the sweet sixteen. They ended the season with a third-place finish at State.
- 5. Hamlin– One of the more talented teams in the state. Hamlin Chargers will look to make it back to State. They missed out on a bid last year despite having a productive regular season.
Rounding out the top ten are:
- 6. Dell Rapids
- 7.Sioux Falls Christian
- 8. Madison
- 9. Vermillion
- 10. Aberdeen Roncalli