Preseason Awards: Class 2A
In this article:
The featured image is of Addisen Mastriano Addisen Mastriano 6'3" | C Northeastern | 2024 State IN (2024) of Northeastern High School. Now that I’ve spent this past week previewing each of the 16 Sectionals in Class 2A, I wanted…
The featured image is of(2024) of Northeastern High School.
Now that I’ve spent this past week previewing each of the 16 Sectionals in Class 2A, I wanted to take a look at who I think could be the better teams and individuals in Indiana throughout the 2023-2024 season. Taking some ideas from college preview magazines, below I’ve assembled a variety of preseason awards, preseason all-state teams, plus a preseason honorable mention section. I’ve given past years’ performances some consideration, but the players below are listed based specifically on how I think they will perform this season.
TOP TEAMS IN CLASS 2A
1. North Knox (28-2)
2. Lapel (22-8)
3. Eastbrook (19-6)
4. Lafayette Central Catholic (20-7)
5. Carroll (Flora) (22-4)
6. Eastern Hancock (23-4)
7. Alexandria-Monroe (17-6)
8. Linton-Stockton (19-4)
9. Bishop Luers (11-14)
10. South Knox (18-7)
The Next-10 (arranged alphabetically): Austin (16-10), Central Noble (26-3), Eastside (15-9), North Decatur (17-6), Northeastern (16-9), Our Lady of Providence (15-9), Parke Heritage (20-6), Sheridan (13-9), South Central (Union Mills) (23-4), Triton Central (18-5)
TOP CLASS 2A PRESEASON AWARDS
These preseason awards are an attempt at honoring girls who I think stand out in Class 2A. Typically, there are multiple candidates for each award, and every award can be easily debatable, but I chose the individuals below based on who I thought filled each description best. Each award is determined through different criteria, as some awards are based primarily on opinion, while others are decided with a heavy influence from statistical merit.
Most Valuable Player:
– With regards to the MVP award, I look at how the top teams would fair without their best player on the roster. If Eastern Greene is to continue their success this season, it will fall heavily on the shoulders of Hudson. There have been graduations and a couple of transfers in the last two years, but her ability to play a variety of roles, to score it at all three levels or facilitate to others, and her ability to defend multiple positions, should help her be productive, regardless of what opponents try to take away from her. She had an outstanding 2023 grassroots season where she looked more explosive, and I think that will only carry over to her Senior season. She has committed to Indiana University-South Bend.
Most Outstanding Player:
– With regards to the MOP award, I look at who the best players and prospects are in the entire group of Class 2A kids, and factor in who I think will be the most productive. When you consider her first three years of high school, then add in her potential to only be better as a Senior, I think it’s easy to understand why Harness is an Indiana All-Star candidate. She is such a skilled ballplayer and accurate perimeter shooter, and she possesses explosive potential each time she takes the floor. Harness is on pace to surpass 2000 points shortly after Christmas, and she has averaged no less than 22.0 points per game in any of her first three seasons. Harness has signed with Western Michigan University.
Most Outstanding Freshman:
– Like I said with our Class 1A Most Outstanding Freshman, McKenzie would also likely stand out in Class 4A as well. She has great skill with the ball, she can change directions in traffic, and she has the unique sense of knowing where her teammates are at all times. She’s a solid perimeter shooter, and she can finish in the lane with a variety of floaters/runners, but she is equally willing and capable of being a pass-first kid as she is of being a scorer. She is already drawing Division-I interest, and anytime you have a lead guard like that at the small school level, it is a mismatch nearly every night. As she continues to adjust to the speed and physicality of the Varsity game, look for her to only continue to grow.
ADDITIONAL CLASS 2A PRESEASON AWARDS
Best Motor: , 2025, Lafayette Central Catholic H.S.
Best Shooter: , 2024, Eastbrook H.S.
Best Scorer: , 2024, Carroll H.S. (Flora)
Best Passer: , 2024, South Spencer H.S.
Best Rebounder: , 2026, Lapel H.S.
Best Shot-Blocker: , 2024, Northeastern H.S.
Best Defender: , 2025, Thea Bowman Academy
Best Athlete: , 2026, Lapel H.S.
Most Versatile: , 2024, Eastern Greene H.S.
CLASS 2A PRESEASON ALL-STATE TEAMS
Like the preseason awards, this was another attempt to honor girls who could stand out in Class 2A during the 2023-2024 season. These teams were selected based on equal parts talent, skill, potential, statistical accomplishments, and team accomplishments. While we can debate who should be where, I do think it’s at least easy to understand why each of the players listed below were selected to be honored. Disclaimer: Freshmen were not considered for the All-State teams, only Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors, however I have highlighted a few Freshmen in the Honorable Mention section.
1st Team All-State
, 2024, 5-8 G, Carroll H.S. (Flora)
– 23.6p, 5.0r, 4.2a, 3.3s, committed to Western Michigan University
, 2024, 5-10 W, Eastern Greene H.S.
– 17.5p, 6.3r, 3.6a, 2.4s, committed to Indiana University-South Bend
, 2025, 5-9 W, Lafayette Central Catholic H.S.
– 15.8p, 7.3r, 4.1a, 3.1s
, 2025, 6-0 W, Sheridan H.S.
– 18.8p, 9.5r, 2.9a, 4.3s, committed to Ferris State University
, 2026, 6-0 F, Lapel H.S.
– 15.8p, 12.4r, 1.3s
2nd Team All-State
, 2024, 5-8 G, Linton-Stockton H.S.
– 17.0p, 5.9r, 3.7a, 2.8s, committed to Indiana University-South Bend
, 2024, 5-9 W, Carroll H.S. (Flora)
– 16.0p, 7.3r, 3.7a, 3.1s, committed to Trine University
, 2025, 5-9 G, South Knox H.S.
– 16.9p, 6.7r, 5.1a, 1.9s
, 2025, 5-8 G, Alexandria-Monroe H.S.
– 24.0p, 4.2r, 3.5a, 4.2s
, 2025, 5-7 G, Parke Heritage H.S.
– 20.0p, 9.1r, 3.6a, 3.2s
3rd Team All-State
, 2024, 6-3 C, Northeastern H.S.
– 12.1p, 9.3r, 2.9a, 1.0s, 3.4b, committed to the University of Detroit Mercy
, 2024, 5-6 G, Eastbrook H.S.
– 14.7p, 2.6r, 2.7a, 3.4s, committed to Grace College & Seminary
, 2025, 6-3 F, Monroe Central H.S.
– 13.3p, 10.3r, 1.1a, 1.3s, 3.1b, committed to Oakland University
, 2025, 5-9 G, North Decatur H.S.
– 13.9p, 5.2r, 3.7a, 1.5s
, 2025, 5-8 G, North Knox H.S.
– 11.1p, 4.0r, 1.6a
4th Team All-State
, 2024, 5-10 F, North Miami H.S.
– 15.9p, 6.5r, 1.9a, 4.5s, committed to Holy Cross College at Notre Dame
, 2024, 5-10 W, Lapel H.S.
– 11.5p, 4.1r, 1.7a, committed to Grace College & Seminary
, 2025, 5-7 G, Manchester H.S.
– 16.0p, 3.7r, 2.2a, 2.0s
, 2026, 5-7 G, Triton Central H.S.
– 12.8p, 5.0r, 2.1a, 1.8s
, 2026, 5-6 G, Austin H.S.
– 17.0p, 5.0r, 3.3a, 1.8s
5th Team All-State
, 2024, 6-0 F, South Knox H.S.
– 10.5p, 8.0r, 4.0a, 2.4s, 1.6b
, 2025, 5-6 G, Thea Bowman Academy
– 16.6p, 3.8r, 1.3a, 5.8s
, 2026, 5-5 G, Northeastern H.S.
– 13.6p, 2.6r, 2.2a, 3.0s
, 2026, 5-8 G, North Knox H.S.
– 7.9p, 1.9r, 1.4a, 1.3s
, 2026, 5-6 G, Our Lady of Providence H.S.
– 15.8p, 2.3r, 2.0a, 3.6s
Preseason Honorable Mention
Kylie Attinger, 2024, Pioneer H.S.
, 2024, Triton Central H.S.
, 2024, Parke Heritage H.S., committed to Oakland City University
Jillian Bond, 2024, Mitchell H.S.
Brooklyn Borges, 2024, Pioneer H.S.
Evelyn Briones, 2024, Greencastle H.S.
, 2024, Bishop Luers H.S.
Ashley Fulton, 2024, Southwestern H.S. (Hanover)
Haley Gibson, 2024, Bluffton H.S.
Lilly Harris, 2024, Park Tudor H.S.
Carley Higgins, 2024, Paoli H.S.
Courtney Higgins, 2024, Switzerland County H.S.
, 2024, Eastbrook H.S.
, 2024, Linton-Stockton H.S., committed to Morton College
Laney Johnson, 2024, Carroll H.S. (Flora)
Kloe Krieg, 2024, Whitko H.S.
, 2024, North Decatur H.S.
Gracie Lauer, 2024, Manchester H.S.
, 2024, South Central H.S. (Union Mills)
Delorean Mason, 2024, Southmont H.S.
Maddy Moore, 2024, Madison-Grant H.S.
Savanna Morris, 2024, Blackford H.S.
Sydnee Morris, 2024, Blackford H.S.
Makenzie O’Neal, 2024, Eastern Hancock H.S.
Reese Obendorf, 2024, South Ripley H.S.
Brynlee Perkins, 2024, North Daviess H.S.
Lacey Pickering, 2024, Delphi Community H.S.
Audri Prater, 2024, Eastbrook H.S.
, 2024, South Adams H.S., committed to Lake Land (softball)
Alyssa Quinones, 2024, Whiting H.S.
Kaitlin Riley, 2024, Lafayette Central Catholic H.S.
Makalee Rivera, 2024, Milan H.S.
, 2024, North Newton H.S.
, 2024, South Spencer H.S.
Athena Schwartz, 2024, Adams Central H.S.
, 2024, Bishop Luers H.S., committed to Huntington University
Hope Welsh, 2024, South Central H.S. (Union Mills)
, 2024, Eastern Hancock H.S.
, 2024, Lake Station Edison H.S.
Kierra Wilson, 2024, Wabash H.S.
, 2025, Andrean H.S.
, 2025, North Knox H.S.
Sydni Crain, 2025, Covington H.S.
Kelsey Haley, 2025, North Decatur H.S.
Lily Harpe, 2025, Alexandria-Monroe H.S.
Braisha Harrison, 2025, Whitko H.S.
Kelsey Hawkins, 2025, Austin H.S.
, 2025, North Posey H.S.
Kaitlynn Honeycutt, 2025, Wabash H.S.
Sydnee Kessler, 2025, Eastside H.S.
Haylee Mathas, 2025, Riverton Parke H.S.
Katie McCashland, 2025, Union County H.S.
, 2025, Northeastern H.S.
Claudia Oliver, 2025, Southwestern H.S. (Hanover)
Addy Parr, 2025, Fremont H.S.
, 2025, Monroe Central H.S.
Adriyanna Phillips, 2025, Whitko H.S.
Chlara Pistelli, 2025, South Putnam H.S.
Raegan Ramsay, 2025, Parke Heritage H.S.
Avery Reichart, 2025, Covenant Christian H.S.
Abbie Ritzema, 2025, Illiana Christian H.S.
Jenna Roth, 2025, Delphi Community H.S.
Maryn Schreiber, 2025, Bluffton H.S.
, 2025, University H.S.
Bri Stow, 2025, Switzerland County H.S.
, 2025, North Knox H.S.
Maddyson Sturgeon, 2025, Crawford County H.S.
Abbey Swan, 2025, Clinton Prairie H.S.
, 2025, Churubusco H.S.
, 2025, Sheridan H.S.
, 2025, Eastside H.S.
, 2025, Whiting H.S.
, 2025, Andrean H.S.
, 2025, Seeger H.S.
Jacie Wilson, 2025, Sullivan H.S.
, 2025, North Daviess H.S.
Reese Ford, 2026, Tell City H.S.
Aftin Griffin, 2026, Lewis Cass H.S.
, 2026, Sullivan H.S.
, 2026, Park Tudor H.S.
, 2026, Winamac Community H.S.
Mallory Luigs, 2026, North Posey H.S.
MyKayla Mast, 2026, Westview H.S.
Laney Musall, 2026, North Miami H.S.
Gabbi Patrick, 2026, Shenandoah H.S.
Avery Smith, 2026, Our Lady of Providence H.S.
Reese Stonebraker, 2026, Whitko H.S.
Grace Swank, 2026, Central Noble H.S.
Jazalyn Ward, 2026, North Posey H.S.
, 2026, Bishop Luers H.S.
, 2027, Knightstown H.S.
Layla Gomez, 2027, Southmont H.S.
, 2027, Forest Park H.S.
, 2027, South Knox H.S.
Jayda Kempf, 2027, Our Lady of Providence H.S.
, 2027, Eastern Hancock H.S.
Claire Samples, 2027, South Ripley H.S.
, 2027, Fremont H.S.
Ollie Toothman, 2027, Tell City H.S.